Monday, January 18, 2010

Long Time No Bloggy...

I haven't had time to post in a while, because I have been working a lot! YAY! Also, I'm training to do a 5K on my and Nita's birthday, Sunday, February 28th! I've been recruited by my friends, Roxanne, Michelle, and Nita to do a run/walk with a distance of either 10K or a 5K in Downtown LA, through Chinatown and around Dodger Stadium. This means a lot of hills for someone (i.e. ME), who is less than a runner. I am not built for running/jogging/fast walking. I am a swimmer, which is a whole 'nother world, if you know what I mean!

As far as doing the event, I have decided I would do it [just need to register :)], but whether it will be a 5K run or walk will be determined by my dedication to my workout regimen and meal plan! I've enlisted my friend, Helen, to be my workout buddy. All this week I have been really good with the workouts. I continued going to my Monday/Wednesday aerobics class, and we even scored a week pass at the YMCA. I really need to work on my eating plan. I do really well when I am not as busy, but in between work and the gym, it is difficult to choke down a decent/healthy option. I need to find a balance. My pass is up for next week, and I need to use my resources around me, i.e. walking the trail, running laps at the school, and take advantage of my overflowing library of exercise videos/ball/ weights!! Wish me luck! I have 6 weeks to make a dent in my training and building my endurance. I downloaded this plan from the Fitness Magazine website. ENJOY!

Here are other websites I found helpful:



Mon.Tues.Wed.Thurs.Fri.Sat.Sun.Week Total
1

Walk briskly for 1 mile. Run 2 min. every half mile until you reach 3.5 total miles. Walk 0.5 mile.

Walk 3-5 miles.

Off

Walk 1 mile. Run 3 min. every half mile until you reach 3.5 miles. Walk 0.5 mile.

Off

Walk 3-5 miles, including 10 run/walk intervals (run 30 sec., walk 1 min.) in the last mile.

Off

16-20 miles

2

Walk 1.5 miles. Run 5 min., walk 5 min.; do 3 times. Walk 1-2 miles.

Walk 3-5 miles.

Off

Repeat Week 1 Thursday.

Off

Repeat Week 2 Monday.

Off

18-20 miles
3

Walk 1.5 miles. Run 10 min., walk 5-7 min., run 10 min., walk 5-7 min.

Walk 3-5 miles.

Off

Repeat Week 3 Tuesday.

Off

Walk 1.5 miles. Run 10 min., walk 5 min., run 5 min., walk 5 min., run 10 min., walk 5-10 min.

Off

16-20 miles

4

Walk 1 mile. Run 3 min., walk 2 min.; do a total of 10 times. Walk 5 min.

Walk 1 mile. Run 15 min., walk 5 min., run 15 min., walk 5 min.

Off

Walk 1 mile. Run 5 min., walk 2 min.; do that 7-min. sequence 5 times. Walk 5 minutes.

Off

Walk 1 mile. Run 10 min., walk 5 min.; do that 15-min. sequence 3 times.

Off

17.5 miles
5

Walk 1 mile. Run 3 min., walk 2 min.; do that 5-min. sequence a total of 10 times. Walk 5 min.

Walk 1 mile. Run 20 min., walk 5 min., run 20 min., walk 5 min.

Off

Walk 1 mile. Run 5 min., walk 2 min.; do that 7-min. sequence 5 times. Walk 5 minutes.

Off

Walk 1 mile. Run 15 min., walk 5 min.; do that 20-min. sequence 3 times.

Off

20 miles
6

Walk 1 mile. Run 3 min., walk 2 min.; do that 5-min. sequence a total of 10 times. Walk 5 min.

Walk 1 mile. Run 25 min., walk 5 min., run 25 min., walk 5 min.

Off

Walk 1 mile. Run 5 min., walk 2 min.; do that 7-min. sequence 5 times. Walk 5 minutes.

Off

Walk 1 mile. Run 20 min., walk 5 min.; do that 25-min. sequence 3 times.

Off

22.5 miles



1 comment:

  1. woo hoo 2010 is gonna be a great year for everyone and look how awesome we are and running a 5k/10k on our bday!

    ReplyDelete