Saturday, December 5, 2009

Just a Quick Update!

I'm sad I haven't found a time where I wasnt so lazy to do my November favorites! It's just the process of uploading and blah blah blah that keeps me from doing it! But the good this is I WANT TO, but just havent gotten to that point. I love watching/reading everyones' favorites though, and it will soon inspire me! 

Yesterday, I ended up going to the mall with my friend. We ended up at MAC in Nordstroms. I didnt need anything, but I was helping her pick out a nice brown and highlight. She ended up with Satin Taupe and Shroom. When we went to pay, she pulled out this MAC/Nordstrom punch card. Apparently, they stamp the card each time you purchase a MAC item and after you purchase 15 items, you receive one MAC product with a value of $15 or less! I was like WTF! I believe its only applies to California Nordstroms, i.e. Brea, Cerritos, etc. The MA didnt have anymore, but I'm not sure how long the promotion will last. My friend told me she had the card for a while. :( Maybe I can find someone at another Nordstrom that still has one lying around! 

But on a good note, today was the last day of the sale at Walgreens so I had to get there before everything was gone I was so excited about my purchase because I saved over $50 in deals and coupons, and my total was less than $10!! SO EXCITING. I picked up some Nivea Kiss of Moisture (5 tubes, 3 Shimmer and 2 SPF 4), and Body Smooth Sensation lotion. I had some amazing coupons, such as buy one, get one free, and buy 3, get a free lotion. Also, the BIORE Skin Preservation line was marked down insanely low AND had a coupon on the box. It was so hard to pass up a Dual Fusion Daytime SPF 30 moisturizer and an overnight moisturizer 1.7 oz (each) for $2.79 a bottle!! They were usually around $13 each, so they were a STEAL! 

I went to PETCO today as well, because with any purchase, your pet received a free picture with SANTA!! lol. I just had to. :)

Lastly, I was watching my Rachel Ray programs and came across this interesting recipe! A cake in a mug, and get this...you microwave it!!! Since our kitchen is still in the process of being remodeled, this is an awesome gift idea for my mom, a book of over 100 cake in mug recipes! I wonder how good these could possibly be. In only 4 minutes, you could have a pre-portioned individual cake that would prohibit me from inhaling a whole cake as well as limit the calorie intake! I'm sure you can also sub some of the ingredients to make a much more healthier and figure-friendly dessert choice. You can find the recipe below for the Chocolate Butterscotch Mug Cake compliments of http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/101-mug-cakes-recipe/

Ingredients

  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 3 tablespoons oil
  • 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons instant butterscotch pudding powder
  • 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons semit sweet chocolate chips 
  • Frosting:
  • 1 box of prepared butterscotch pudding mixed with store bought chocolate frosting

PREPARATION

Prepare mug by coating the inside lightly with cooking spray. Pour all of the dry ingredients into a bowl.

Beat egg first with a spoon and mix in other liquid ingredients.

Then add dry ingredients and mix until you’ve removed all lumps. Pour the batter into the mug (do not fill more than halfway) and smooth the top with a spoon.

Thump mug firmly on the tabletop six times to remove excess air bubbles.

Place mug on top of a microwaveable small plate or saucer. Bake for 3-4 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the microwave mug cake and removing the toothpick. If the toothpick is dry, the mug cake is done.

Wait two minutes then run a butter knife along the inside of the mug and tip the cake into plate. Position the mug cake so that the slightly rounded top is on top. Your microwave mug cake will now look like a slightly overgrown muffin. Frost the mug cake with premade frosting. 

Option: frost the whole chocolate chip butterscotch microwave mug cake with prepared butterscotch pudding chocolate frosting.


I SO WANT TO TRY THIS! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment